Tuesday 4 November 2014

Task 2b - Reflective Writing

Based on the piece of writing I used in Task 2a, I am going to reevaluate that in several different forms. I have typed up the peice, so it is easier to read.



I think I generally had this in the descriptive form.
Elaborating in different forms for this particular piece will be easy as it was quite a memorable day.

Initial Reflection:
An overall personal mood was enthused and excitable were the general emotions, with a mixture of tiredness towards the end. I think the initial reflection and description were both interpreted with my original journal entry.

List:
People - Cast of Annie
              15 man band + instruments,
              Children,
              Chaperones,
              Dog
Big events -
               Hearing the band for the first time,
               First time rehearsing on stage,
               First time in costume
Feelings - 
               Hearing the band for the first time, elated.
               Costumes on for the first time, excited, surprised
Food -    Cake,
             

Evaluation:
Overall the tech run and dress rehearsals were a great success. It is always difficult for the first time getting costumes, having microphones, the lights on you etc and it does give you a buzz like no other, but once it is all in place, and you warm up into it, within minutes you wouldn't have it any other way. After a 6 month build up to a performance it's expected to feel slightly nervous but because it's so structured and well prepared, it works well.

Graph or chart:
 
 
What if:
If I had my way, i'd of been doing this show 15 years previous and i'd be playing Annie!

I always day dream when doing local theatre shows about what would happen if a big casting director was in the audience and next thing I know i've been snapped me up for a huge recurring role on Glee or something!
I always wonder what would happen if I forgot my lines. Would I panic on stage, or would I cover it well? I did do a show last year and I was extremely unwell, I shouldn't have gone on really, and I did just blank and stop dancing. I have been performing on stage since the age of 3 and it has only happened that one time. I hope it never happens again!

Another view:
From another cast member, seeing the day through their eyes, I can't imagine it would be too different. We were all excited and eager to get cracking on with everything so it would all be rather similar.
If one of my friends was witnessing the day who isn't part of the show, I think they would probably find it all a bit over the top. Band call, lunch in a huge group, theatre for make up and clothes, running through and picking out tiny little things to change...I could imagine it being all a bit strange to an "outsider".


Personally, upon reflection of writing in a journal, it was an unusual experience.
I found myself rambling, like I needed to fill the page. If anything, looking on the above post, and my writing throughout my journal, I much preferred the idea of lists or graphs. I do find myself to be organised and somewhat compulsive at times.

I write a TO DO list everyday and tick things off one by one. I often find myself writing on my calender everything to do, down to when to drink water or what time I need to go to sleep by based on my shift patterns at work.
Whilst my organisational skills are impeccable, it sometimes means free writing, or perhaps relaxing into a task a little more difficult.
Definitely something I can reflect and work on for future!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Live for today, we'll dream tomorrow"