Thursday 2 October 2014

Continuing from Task 1b.

Something I have been thinking about more, since researching 2.0 is how music people can use it to publicise.
Reading Anthony Gifford's blog (http://antgifford.blogspot.co.uk/) what I found interesting was how he discussed publicity for celebrities, and how Web 2.0 enhances their careers. Also from a customer service perspective, with the likes of Twitter, customers now know, when they tweet a company, they are speaking directly with an advisor, as opposed to the usual "We will respond in 2-4 days" generic email response.

Take this hilarious twitter conversation between customer and supermarket. Granted, all for fun, but things like this wouldn't happen if it weren't for Web 2.0.




 













I am an avid tweeter and spend heaps of time on youtube. Some of my favourite youtubers are famous simply because of youtube, and the help of facebook/twitter publicity. I know musicians who are now playing some of the UKs biggest festivals, because they created a fanbase through youtube.

It fascinates me how much the internet influences life nowadays. I wonder just where we would be without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Live for today, we'll dream tomorrow"